Our FUND-RAISING PAPERBACK:
Humorous Hassle 101 True Travel and Life Stories to Make you Laugh and Smile.
- Passengers hear the pilot of a 747 announce that it’s running out of fuel over the Atlantic and learn that the dummy featured in the film Airplane! is possibly at the controls.
- Rory Bremner impersonates an ex-Prime Minister trying to travel incognito.
- A broomstick, not a bazooka, greets Jack Straw when, as Foreign Secretary, he lands in Kabul.
- The lack of fog in London caused a coach to make an emergency stop on the M25.
- Aliens probably did land in China in 1993 – leaving their guidebook behind to prove it.
This book is a collection of Andrew’s own experiences, as well as those of business friends, authors, Fleet Street journalists and figures from the worlds of politics and entertainment. Smile at recollections that describe hassles and situations they each coped with, but only really enjoyed afterwards when safely back home!
‘Cheered my partner up no end!’
‘Thought I was reading about myself as that incident had happened to me!’
Laugh at the specially drawn cartoons and hilarious – real – adverts, newspaper notices and stories that will make you smile. They are in chapters entitled:
- I don’t believe it!
- Was it something that was eaten or drunk?
- Is it me, or is it them?
- Getting there and, hopefully, getting back
- Travel – it really does broaden the mind
Sales of this book are donated to the Homelessness Services Division of the Salvation Army